Foundations For Your Future is a holistic, tailored education and training program designed specifically for students with Language Literacy Numeracy (LLN) barriers who require a ‘stepping stone’ to a higher qualification and then to employment.
enVizion is committed to ensuring that all people have the opportunity and support to become literate and well-educated, it is critical that people are provided with opportunities to become skilled and job-ready.
enVizion are offering tailored, holistic programs including life skills, formal education, work experience, formal industry placement and employment pathways. Our current FFF Program include:
- Course in Employment and Training (Numeracy)
- units have a strong work place and life skills numeracy focus. E.g. topics such as WH&S, budgeting, understanding rosters and bus timetables are covered
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- units covered can include arista training, food and beverage, housekeeping, public area cleaning, responsible service of alcohol, safe food handling.
- Community Event
- students are required to organise a community event which required them to commence practical learning within the first week of the program.
- Work Experience
-Students spend one day per week of the Foundation Skills component of FFF volunteering at a charity. Roles undertaken include kitchenhand, maintenance, food and beverage and cleaning.
- Work Placements
-Students are matched with a local employer for one day per week and 2 x 1 week blocks throughout the hospitality component of the course to obtain valuable experience and industry references.
-FFF trainers work with local employers, both from work placements and in general in an effort to secure sustainable and ongoing employment for students.